Google

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Buddy Holly would be proud

Remember when this was the epitome of the devil's dance?


Well, neither do I, because the argument about rock 'n' roll being evil began here 25 years before I was born. But, now that hip-hop has infiltrated the white upper-middle class, there's a new Public Enemy #1 in town (with all due respect to Public Enemy).

I understand the teachers' statements that "it's a school dance, not a night club." But what do they expect? If they want to have a school dance, it should reflect the kind of dancing and music that the kids enjoy. If not, I just don't see the point of having a school dance.

**Full Disclosure: My brother and sister went to Naperville North High School, mentioned in the article, before we moved to Georgia.**

0 comments: