Google

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Song/Video/Album Review: Kanye West

This is a bit old, but since the album isn't released until Tuesday, Sept. 11, it's still somewhat fresh. Our good friends at Idolator have given a rave review to Kanye West's new album, aptly titled (in reference to his previous records), Graduation.

However, I'm rather skeptical based on the following song and video, so have a quick look and listen:


I don't know: my (hopeful) analysis is that this is Kanye's cheeky take on Southern trap music (i.e. Jeezy or T.I. or something), but I just can't tell. He's never been the best rapper, but his clever lyrics and notorious wit seem conspicuously absent from this song; it just seems kind of lazy. That, and I consistently reflect my own opinions on the artist's intent (like we all do), hoping that my perception of him remains the same, even though he is a human being and is susceptible to change. Maybe I just don't like the song, but regardless, I hope that the album is much more appealing.

Anyhow, let us know what you think about the video, the album, Kanye in general, anything.

0 comments: