Google

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

God, I hate Duke

Amidst the current drought, the fine people at Duke University apparently are allowing their field hockey teams to water the shit out of their astro-turf.


There actually are a couple sides to this story, since the fields can cause severe injury if they aren't moistened. However, on the other side, I did enjoy this comment from a local resident who drove by the grounds: "Sprinklers aren't even the right term, they're like fire hoses," Schnurr said. "I was like, 'What is that? What is that?' I couldn't believe it." I think his argument is pretty justifiable as well.

Luckily, though, coach Beth Bozman of the women's field hockey team, is on top of things. She explains, "I drive a hybrid, and I recycle," Bozman said. "I'm as green as anybody. I understand."

Whew! I'm glad she understands why watering astro-turf during a severe drought is correlated directly to driving a hybrid. Now all the Durham residents can sleep easily.

0 comments: