Google

Monday, October 1, 2007

Greetings from Nice!

Bonjour a toutes! If you remember my post from Friday, I'm going to be on the French Riviera for the remainder of this week. Right now, I'm just sitting here in an internet cafe in Nice (which have been many fewer and further between than I expected). To be completely honest, not a terribly large amount has happened so far, but I'll fill you in on what I can.

(editor's note: Please forgive all the Wikipedia links, but for the sake of time and lack of resources, that's about all I have to give right now. The photo essay upon my return will be much more informative and stimulating.)

We're staying in a villa up on Mont Boron, which is situated between Nice and Villefranche-sur-Mer, another quaint and gorgeous town along the Cote d'Azur. It's about a 30 minute walk into Nice Vieux (Old Nice), where there's plenty of nice cafes to suit anyone who enjoys sitting out on a square, drinking wine and coffee while people-watching.

The weather here is beautiful (it's been between 65-75 during the day and 55-60 at night), but a little chilly to go swimming. Yet, that's not to say there haven't been plenty of men in speedos and women without tops on the beach.

So what have we done so far? I just finished drinking some Kronenbourg (the Budweiser of France) and eating some fresh squid following Lindsey and my visit to the Matisse museum.

In the last three days (all of which have looked distinctly alike), we've walked probably 20 miles, drank 6 bottles of wine and 10 cups of coffee, and done not very much in between. This morning, though, we grabbed a bunch of tourist guides, and we'll be taking some more day trips the rest of this week.

At night, we've just been chilling at our villa, also drinking wine while cooking dinner (there's a grocery store about 20 paces away), and we found the French version of Scrabble - which, for those of you who know Lindsey and me, is paramount. This is a trip for relaxation, and we've accomplished that with complete ease.

So, au revoir for now, and I'll fill you in when I can about our further travels up and down this beautiful coastline. Until then!

0 comments: