Google

Friday, October 26, 2007

Hail to Jesus, we're down 2-0

According to this article, the Colorado Rockies believe God was behind some of their "good luck" on the way to the World Series.

In that mode, I learned the other day that the Rockies are in fact a faith-based organization, as far as I know the only one in professional sports. Now, I guess I can't speak too soon about their 2 losses in Boston, because with God on their side, He could just be toying with those faithless Northeastern Blue-Staters (to Hell with Ted Kennedy!!). However, I'm inclined to think God is conerned about other things, like, something else in the vast scope of infinity.

This raises another question: Why does it seems that Colorado is the place where Christianity is taking off by leaps and bounds these days? With Colorado Springs headquartering several major evangelical institutions, and the Rockies with their mission as stated above, it makes me think maybe that's what John Denver meant by "Rocky Mountain High?" Hmmm, probably not though, and that's my point: Colorado is traditionally well known for another type of living.

0 comments: