Google

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

(sigh) What did that monkey ever do to you?

I’m not going to off on an anti-Creationist rant. I think people should be able to believe what they want. In that mode, I think protesting a school of thought by symbolically killing a monkey seems a little off-kilter.

I’m not really sure what this proves. The head of the protest explains that this “is exactly how satanic cults were punished in the old days.” By taking a loosely-connected toy symbol and stabbing it? Now, I’m not advocating anyone being burnt at the stake, but I believe that’s how things used to go down. . .

1 comments:

Hebbard said...

When are the Creationists going to learn the difference between a monkey and an ape?

I know that denying what science has discovered has been a modus operandi for these folks for a long time, but taking it all the way back to Carolus Linneaus is overkill, so to speak.