Google

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Japanese Brain Teaser/Lesson on Family Values

In case you don't have enough to do today, I recommend that you give this brain teaser a try. There is some sound, so be sure to mute before playing in class or at work. Ignore all of the Japanese characters at the beginning and click the blue circle to start. Here are the rules:

1. Everybody has to cross the river.
2. Only 2 persons may board the raft at a time.
3. The father can not stay with any of the daughters without
their mother's presence.
4. The mother can not stay with any of the sons without their
father's presence.
5. The thief (striped shirt) can not stay with any family member
if the Policeman is not there.
6. Only the Father, the Mother and the Policeman can operate the raft.
7. To move the people click on them.
8. To move the raft click on the pole on the opposite side of the river.

Post your time to completion in the comment section. (Thanks Big Shiv)

2 comments:

Hebbard said...

It took me about 10 tries; somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 minutes

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm not retarded after all. I tried to do it last night after work but my brain was fried. (As was my ego when I realized I could not figure this stupid thing out) This morning I tried again and got it in about 5 minutes. Greg, Dan...what were your times?