Google

Monday, November 26, 2007

The Pasty Quail Travels Again: Thanksgiving in Chicago

For my Thanksgiving Holiday, I made a twelve-hour road trip with my sister, her fiancé and my lovely girlfriend Lindsey to visit my parents in Chicago — or more appropriately, where they live in the suburb of Geneva, which is pictured below.


We had a great holiday spending some time with the family, and we were able to trek into Chicago (which lies about 40 miles to the east of Geneva - about a one hour drive) for a couple visits.

Though this photo essay will be much more photo than essay, here's shot of the downtown cityscape from Millennium Park.


What you're seeing in this picture is the Cloud Gate sculpture (affectionately known as "The Bean," due to its shape), which sits at the center of the park to reflect the surrounding architecture of downtown Chicago.

Following the jumps, I've included some of the highlights of our several trips into the city. Wikipedia links abound!! Enjoy!

- The Cityscape

- The Museum Tour

0 comments: