Google

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Confessions of the MySpace Mom

Recently, we reported on the tragic story of a young woman, Megan Meier, who committed suicide in connection to a failed MySpace relationship, which was fake and masterminded by her neighbor and former friend's mother.

In context, here is the exclusive confession of Lori Drew, the woman responsible for the MySpace page.

The story from this side is equally sad, and eventually tragic, as though I do believe the blog's name, "Megan Had It Coming," is probably too harsh, Drew's daughter certainly received her share of grief from Megan, and it seems that the Meiers were in no way interested in helping solve the issues between the two girls.

Understandably, Drew was upset and at a loss, saying: “I wanted to hide my daughter away from all of this, and delete her MySpace [where she was being bullied by Megan], but she begged and pleaded with me to let her stay. I know it's MySpace and it's a social hub for teens today and I didn't want my daughter to be the only one without, so I relented."

Yet, instead of threatening legal action against the parents or telling your kid to suck it up and that you're protecting her, you know, handling the situation like an adult: "Instead, I worked with a couple of people I knew to create a profile so I could keep tabs on Megan.”

Great move. Sorry, Ms. Drew, your story is understandable, believable and tragic, but why are you resorting to the tactics of a young teenager to “get back at her?” Sure, no one could have seen her suicide coming, and that’s not directly your fault. But playing adolescent games with reckless abandon and disregard for possible consequences of your actions is.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

wow. thanks for enabling me to waste over an hour of my life on this woman. she is a raving lunatic. besides the fact that she really doesn't see her own moral culpability, she is a total sociopath...did anyone click on the 2 things she blogged in november when she posed as a 13 year old girl?? talk about touching the hot burner twice. here are the november blogs: http://meganhaditcoming.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_archive.html