Google

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Finals News Dump

Hello Pasty Quaildom! As we've made ourselves scarce for the past couple weeks, I've still been reading on the ol' series of tubes we call the Internets, and here are just a few of the things I've come across that fit the "miscellaneous" category. By shying away from my daily religion news dose (though be sure, I've had plenty of time to think about religion), I found a few other interesting articles.

-- First, Deadspin had a couple intriguing posts I wanted to reproduce. Big Daddy Drew, of Kissing Suzy Kolber fame, posted an article about why the NFL should adopt the NCAA overtime format.

To sum: “Q: But doesn't that dilute the sanctity of the game?

A: I thought about this as well. And here was my conclusion: FUCK THE SANCTITY OF THE GAME. Who gives a shit? Are there any fans of college ball who wish they had the NFL's overtime format? Or that they had ties back? No. The purity of the game is overrated. The whole reason these games are played is to entertain fans. And college overtime is kickass entertainment.”

I think you might agree that this is worth a quick, mindless read.

Second, Deadspin reports that everyone's favorite person that constantly speaks above 100 decibels, ESPN's Stephen A. Smith (see picture), has called for the eradication of the blogosphere.


He says that "non-professionals" shouldn't be reporting on sports. There are so many ridiculous things to point out here that I don't know where to start. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.


-- On the political side, after the Romney ridiculousness last week, I've moved away from any Election coverage, so I don't have anything on that front. However, I do have some stuff on the Sean Penn acting like his opinion matters front. There's a transcript of his entire "major political address" that is well worth a read.


-- Finally, I have to work in my religion news. Here's an article re-posted on Dallas Morning News' religion blog, explaining that fictional religious people can, in fact, have intelligent and insightful things to say. This comes on the heels of a post I put up a couple months ago regarding a more realistic version of Christians in fiction.

0 comments: